Friday, September 26, 2008

I Die Everyday

I feel like I die everyday
when I go to sleep.
I lose my sense of identity
when I travel into the next realm
and go to bed.
I become someone else
completely,
someone I know nothing of
when I'm awake.
And she asks me:
Why do you worry about the irrelevant?
I asks her what irrelevance is to her
and she says:
What do you take with you when you die?
I thought for a moment and say:
Nothing?
So what is so relevant in this life
that cause you to worry so much
all the time?
Would you rather die everyday
when you go to sleep?
Or die all the time
worrying about nothing important?
She slips through my mind
when I opened my eyes.
I tell myself:
And because I die everyday
when I go to sleep,
I want to smile and laugh
when I'm awake.
I don't want anger to rule my life
and waste the rest of my waking moment.
I refuse to sulk in sorrow
about what other people say,
I want to do what I most want to do,
to fill my dreams with
a bagful of wonders.
I shall list down everything from
meeting an old friend for tea,
sharing an intimate conversation with
my loved ones,
sing a long to my favorite musical,
to walk among the giant trees
and fragile flowers,
be silly,
be crazy,
be me.
Because I die everyday
when I go to sleep,
I shall never know
if I'll wake.

2 comments:

Alexander M Zoltai said...

Your words,

"Would you rather die everyday
when you go to sleep?
Or die all the time
worrying about nothing important?"

are very high Wisdom !

~ Alex from Our Evolution

Julya said...

Thank you ... I blush with the wisdom.