Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Don’t love me because

Don’t love me
because
I can take care of you
when you grow old.
Don’t love me
because
we have a lot in common
or we can keep
each other company.
Don’t love me
because
we are compatible
in the eyes of other people
who says
we make
a lovely couple.
Love me,
because,
despite all my
drawbacks and flaws
you still want
to be with me
for all that I am.
Don’t love me
because
I am good to you
or I complete you
or that I make you laugh
and I make you happy.
Don’t love me
because
I am the only one who
understands you
or that I don’t judge you.
Love me
because
you want to go through
this short life of ours together
experiencing the worst
and the best
and yet
you want to hold on
to everything we believe in,
have faith in the things
that make us who we are
and willing to stake our lives on them.
Don’t love me
because
you like the way I smell
or the way I do things
or how I get along
with your friends.
Don’t love me
because
you like looking at me
and cuddle up with me
when you feel like my friend.
But if you truly love me,
then I am already
all of that to you
and you are already
all of that to me.

No comments: