Friday, March 6, 2009

In Dreams We're Not

I had the strangest dream
that I was pure energy
and I disintegrated into the atmosphere.
I was still I
and yet,
I was everything and nothing.
I was my enemies,
I was my friends,
I was every leaf and dew,
I was every hair and skin.
I felt everything there was to feel,
and I felt nothing in my picturesque dream.
I was everybody's eyes
when I saw tears and pain and plight,
I was everybody's heart
when I felt joy and love and delight.
I felt one with man and woman
I felt young and old
I knew life as if on the sunlit snow
I knew death where the lights were low.
But in this dream
it was not a dream
it was vivid
it was lucid
and then I knew you
because you were me.
There was only one
and then there was everyone.
No barriers,
no intolerance,
no languages,
no thoughts.
Just us,
in dreams we're not.

No comments: