Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Do you really want to change?

I often hear people talking about change and how it takes times for them to change personally. At first I agree that things do change in degrees in a constant and gradual manner, that we cannot rush what is not meant to be. So five years passed and the people who talked about the sluggish change didn't change much. So I hear the rant again that changes just don't come overnight and that its not easy and yada yada and on and on, so I thought okay, hey, yeah, it takes times. It was then ten years later that I see nothing much has changed and the years kept on adding and adding and I finally gave up the idea that some people just don't want to change for better or for worse.

So is it true that change needs time for it to occur and manifest itself? We talk about changes that are speeding up at this time but then again time doesn't really exist. I've seen smokers who literally stub out just like that, cold turkey, and never touched a cigarette since. I've seen attitudes swing from a bitter angst-laden individual who blossomed almost instantaneously after a pep talk. I've seen athletic bodies droop into fatty tissues in a matter of days. And I've seen hopeful aspirants turning blue the moment an unpleasant news hit them between the eyes. And of course we heard of Marie Antoinette who grayed her hair in twenty four hours prior to her sentence at the guillotine. So what gives? How is it even possible for someone to change psychologically, physically, emotionally and spiritually in a matter of moments and yet some take forever to even begin?

It's all excuses. Since time isn't real, change is an individual awakening. Some people just don't want to wake up.

No comments: