Sunday, May 3, 2009

Movie Night with the critics: Puaka Topeng Putih

May 1st 10pm was a memorable night for me. My second telemovie Puaka Topeng Putih, which sounds really cheesy, was playing on Astro. A labor day treat I guess. Watching with me was my sis-in-law, my two nieces, one of their friends and my two nephews. Everyone of us started commenting on the movie the moment it began. It was hilarious when they each tried to tell their version of the story and figure out what the entire plot was.

Although a lot of scenes have been left out due to time and budget, which was originally in the script, it was just as fun with the comments and remarks hurling from one end of the room to another. We laughed at the ridiculousness, we anticipated the horror and they badgered me for the ending and explanation of vague scenes.

Whether it was impactful or just forgettable the movie served as a night for us to communicate, interact and discuss over the long and short of it. It was, after all, a night with the critics, and everyone's a story teller, one way or the other.

No comments: