Sunday, November 29, 2009

The Girl who will Scream into her Future

Being me is being wickedly imaginative all the time. I hear this little girl across my apartment who screams every day. You can hear that she's not exactly crying but she screams for the sake of attention and it drives her family up the walls. I think they don't know what she wants. And by the sound of their voices I can surmise that they are trying to distract her with something else or coax her into forgetting what she was screaming about.

This goes on every day without fail. While one side of me wants to kick her ass till kingdom come another part of me is wondering if this is some kind of foreshadowing of her future. Are the things we do as kids portends of our future? Show us what we could be good at? How our relationships will be? To what extend we wil suffer? And perhaps even give us an inkling of how we will die?

Now, wouldn't that be a nifty endowment? But I guess most people would not want to know, not especially the parents.

6 comments:

gingertom said...

Why don't you give the building management a call about the consistent screaming?

Chet said...

Er, I also have a young kid screaming her lungs out near my apartment.

Julya said...

Tommy, where I'm staying I doubt the management is bothered but it's okay - she's just a kid :P

Chet - don't you think something's wrong with these kids? Like why are the screaming and what are they screaming about?

Chet said...

I think there's something wrong with the parents of screaming kids!

gingertom said...

You can give the child abuse hotline a call then. Even if it isn't a case of child abuse, a visit by the organization will certainly alert the parents that the neighborhood is wary of the consistent screaming. Better still, give the parent abuse hotline a call too. XD

Julya said...

Wah Tommy go all out eh?