Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Life is...

When I was younger I thought life was suppose to be complicated or at least meant to be a form of suffering. I used to look deep into a problem and see the entanglement for what it is. But then, even as a child who hasn't tasted the wealth of life and discover the enigma of existence, I always tried to unravel the complexities and extricate myself from the difficulties I faced. Each time I get out of them I realize the end result is nothing more than a simple solution. The question is not whether a problem can be solved but whether the people bound to it want it solved.

Last night, some like-minded acquaintances and I discussed the measures of life for what it is and what it should be. While one jested about it being a box of chocolate another said it's complicated and yet another said it's just the tip of the iceberg and every one of the supposition is true to the person who believes in it. Ultimately, life is what you make of it.

It is simple when you want it that way. It is bewildering if you think it is. It is mesmerzing when you believe it is.

Here are some beautiful quotes about life:

Life is pleasant. Death is peaceful. It's the transition that's troublesome.
Isaac Asimov

Life has taught us that love does not consist of gazing at each other, but in looking together in the same direction.
Antoine de Saint-Exupery

it is better to be happy for a moment and be burned up with beauty
than to live a long time and be bored all the while
Don Marquis

No comments: