Monday, December 14, 2009

I'm losing my mind



Raymond told me my Monsters, Beasts & Creatures chapbook reminds him of Luigi Serafini's Codex Seraphinianus. I didn't know who that guy was or what the book was all about so I went on a witch hunt and found many sites about it that devoured most of my morning.

And as one thing leads to another I found it to be more and more mind boggling and intriguing. This is the kind of book you either skim through and utter 'bah humbug!' or be amazed by it like I am right now. I didn't want to stop for breakfast or lunch for that matter but decided to stuff myself with a piece of bread while I studied the related links to this amazing looking book.

I can't help but feel that Serafini must have had a vision or insight to produce this strange looking book. It couldn't have been a random work of art for art's sake. Being the day dreamer and occasional spaced out animal that I am maybe I am reading a little to much into this. I wish Serafini would say something about it but he remains quiet until now.

My head is about to crack open and my brains ooze out but I am still trying to stay at my laptop to find out about the Voynich manuscript, Codex Mendoza, Borges’s “Tlön, Uqbar, Orbis Tertius and everything else that seem to have some connections with it.

If you are not ready to walk into the realm of madness don't even look at this book or you'll never know what sanity is ever again.

1 comment:

gingertom said...

This is the kinda stuff I am trying to do and publish in the near future! My world has a lot to do with cats! You will see! :D