Thursday, December 17, 2009

Phobia for the People

I've met people who leave me phobias,
people whom I have no wish or desire to see again.
The thought of them frightens me
when I recall their presence that feels like pain.

Some people I'd just love to embrace
and hold a smile as long as I can give.
Some people are wonderful beyond grace
who makes this world such a wondrous place to live.

I've always believed in the benefits of the doubt
but it doesn't always turn out that way.
I'd love to be naive and innocent as a cloud
but some people prefer the bitch and the fray.

I like to think that there is always a chance
for people to wake up from their delusions.
But some people remain in an antipathic trance
and sanctify it to be their religion.

How can I not be afraid of these people
when all I feel is their corrosive energy?
How can I not stay away from their drivels
when anger, dissatisfaction and fear are all I see?

No comments: