Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Some People

I met some people who talk about rights and finding their place in the world.
I met some people who complain about their lives every way they know how.
I met some people who are contented with what money can buy.
And I met some people who talk about nothing else but themselves.

I met some people who keep shaking their heads sideways about the world's condition.
I met some people who are all out there to make the world a better place for everyone else.
I met some people who can't get out of the system.
I met some people who don't want to get out of the system.

Like I said before, and I will say it again.
It will come for you.
It will come to your doorstep and knock on your door.
That day will come for you and you will ask,
'Why me?"
But until then,
You can be one of those 'some people' whom you know too well
Doing what you do because you think it's good enough to get by.

I met some people who dwell on their own needs.
I met some people who live a life of make believe.
I met some people who cluster in holy places.
I met some people who leave behind agonizing traces.

Some people are born.
Some people are made.
Some people do not conform
to colors, sizes and shapes.

No comments: