Saturday, October 23, 2010

Something's gotta give

Today I felt a little restless, which made me took a very long walk around the housing area in the rain. After sweating out the aches and pains my body had endured due to the unhealthy sitting in front of my laptop I was shocked out of my system and began to recall the times when I was younger and bolder when I used to explore life and venture to frontiers no man has ever gone before. I would spontaneously push out the bicycle and try out smaller routes to find how they are linked to major roads. I would go out anytime of the day or night just to feel alive as I let the breeze baptize me with its energy. I would even pack my bags up and go to where I feel compelled to go.

But as I grow older I began to withdraw from the world where I used to love; the open space and the outdoors. Everything is tagged with danger and caution signboards, leaving us no space to move around except within secured parameters. Is this how we all live these days? Isn't this so pathetic?

I, for one, really miss the joy of being free to do as I please without the fear and anxiety of a grievous world that we know. These days the fear doesn't only come from lurking criminals in the dark but also corrupt governments and perverted authorities. Haven't we had enough of all the nonsense that have been thrown at us? Are we not ready to stand up and make our presence known? What is it going to be now? Take it on the left cheek and then the right?

I am at the top of the world looking beyond the rim of the world. Something's gotta give, I iterate, something's gotta give.

2 comments:

Ashriel Thee said...

The will and the sinew has been killed over the years by the fear and monsters.
When are we going to just run out of our little hideouts and dance in the rain?
DO you even want to anymore?
I am a walking contradiction - some days I want an end but others I want to be 102 and suck the marrows out of life...
I am but a tiny drop in the vast ocean, but fear...
Fear not about myself, but fear for those who care too much about us,
Touche Kahlil Gibran - We are the arrow, once aflight, it is for us to land anywhere...
Sigh. I'm getting tired.
Forlorn and fed-up.
I want to leave everything behind and live in a small town like Cherating.
Hopes and dreams...
Julya, Thank You for reminding me...

Julya said...

You are always welcome... :)