Tuesday, February 21, 2012

What I Learned Today: The mom of a 'princess boy' speaks out

http://moms.today.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2011/01/03/5738901-the-mom-of-a-princess-boy-speaks-out

"It's not contagious, he's just like any other kid. He plays checkers, he plays in the trees. He just likes to do it in a dress -- big deal."

At any point has the response you received caused you or your husband to second-guess your decision to support Dyson's preferences?
No.  As Dean puts it - we can’t lose.   If we support him now and he changes his mind and stops dressing up later, he can look back and say I can’t believe I did that, but I am so glad my parents and brother loved me and supported me.  Or if he continues, he can say I am so glad my parents and brother loved me and supported me even when I was young.  Either way, we love and support Dyson.  It’s a win-win.  

No comments: