Friday, May 25, 2012

What I Learned Today: Natural Sielnce Vs Unnatural silence

Today I cycled past my usual natural Lake Gardens and saw a huge alpha male short-tail macaque. He was just standing on the water pipe looking majestic. And a little further up the road, just before the war cemetery I saw an eagle swooping down to feed on some worm in a puddle of water. It was simply magnificent.
After cycling I went to one of my hangouts for a wantan mee lam kari and there were a few groups of people and everyone was chatting away as though trying to beat the clock.
That made me wonder why is it that nature is so silent most of the time unless it's mating season or defending their young. A whole pride of monkeys can just sit in the trees keeping absolutely still, so can a flock of birds and a school of fish. But when humans get together there's bound to be yakking, chatting and gossiping. Now, why is that that we can't shut up and just be silent in each other's company?

No comments: