Wednesday, March 20, 2013

When my Pocket was Empty

When my pocket was full
I demanded the food to come to me fast
When my pocket was empty
I could not thank the person serving me enough

When my pocket was full
I went shopping every week to fill up the closet
When my pocket was empty
I took the hand me downs and learned to appreciate

When my pocket was full
I stuffed everything I could eat by myself
When my pocket was empty
I had less and learned what’s good for my health

When my pocket was full
My friends and I hung out restlessly
When my pocket was empty
I treasured my moments decisively

When my pocket was full
Life was a party that could never end
When my pocket was empty
Only those left behind were my friends

When my pocket was full
I couldn’t get enough of the world’s adventure
When my pocket was empty
I took a journey within in awe and in wonder

When my pocket was full
I could only see the glamor and the glitter
When my pocket was empty
My eyes were opened to Mother Nature

When my pocket was full
I had no idea what the world was worth
When my pocket was empty
I saw what I had done to mother earth

When my pocket was full
I could only hear the shuffling of dollars and clinking of dimes
When my pocket was empty
It was so quiet I could hear myself for the very first time

No comments: